What is Signal App
A famous lines from English Literature “If you are not paying for it, then you become The Product”. This means that WhatsApp is now no more free for its customers. So, in this situation people are looking for alternate apps such as Signal, Telegram etc. Meanwhile Signal is getting famous both in India and Germany. World’s wealthiest person Elon Musk also tweeted Use Signal.
Signal is a cross-platform encrypted messaging service developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger. It is same as WhatsApp with some additional features. It’s secure app. Many people in India have moved to Signal and deleted their WhatsApp account. Now a war over messaging on Internet has begun. Signal is available for iPad iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux. This app is developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC and it is a non-profit company. The app was created by Moxie Marlinspike, American cryptographer and currently CEO of Signal Messenger.
The Signal Foundation was created by WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton and Marlins like. Action funded $50 million to Signal after quitting WhatsApp in 2017.
You can chat with your friends same as other messaging app and also do group video call. Group can be formed with a maximum of 150 members.
Featues of Signal App:
- You can’t add any person randomly unlike in WhatsApp (until you change your settings in WhatsApp)
- You can send disappearing messages on Signal on for each individual chat and can set timing of 5 seconds to a week.
- Collect minimal data of user without comprising features and privacy.
- Don’t show last seen
- It doesn’t backup any data and thus more secure.
- Gives an option to turn ON or OFF the typing indicator.
- Screen protection features so that other won’t misuse your chat screenshot.
- You can make it default message app
- If you switch off Allow from Everyone in setting, the no unknown person will be able to send you messages
- Chat backup option so that you can save your chat in any folder in your phone it’s doesn’t allow any third party i.e. Gmail to back your chat unlike in other apps
- Option Note to self very beneficial to make some notes for self which is not available in WhatsApp
- Chat colour option is also there same as messenger. You can select different colours for different chats.
How to use Signal App?
Its demand increased when world’s wealthiest person tweeted to use this app. Let’s see, how you can use signal app.
Go to Play store/App store type Signal messenger app and download it. You can also download it from the official website signal.org
After downloading make an account using your cell no. You will require to add your name and add a profile pic if you wish to do so.
Create your four digit pin either in numeric or alphabet. So, next time when you login you will use it to open your account.
Now your Signal app is launched and is ready to use.
In the main page of your app you will see a pencil option by clicking on that you can select contact to chat or to create groups.
When you send a message you will see single tick when message has been sent from your end, Double tick when message reach to the recipient, and brown colour when it will be read by recipient.
You can send emojis, gif, documents etc using this app.
Audio video call can also be performed using this app
Signal App Download link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms